Are cherry tomatoes healthy?
As part of a healthy diet, cherry tomatoes are the ideal snack! A healthy, balanced diet starts with variety. So make sure that, alongside fruit and bread, you chiefly eat lots of vegetables. You’re better off saying no to unhealthy snacks which are high in salt and saturated fats. That’s exactly why cherry tomatoes are so healthy: they help you to get your daily vegetables and they’re an alternative to unhealthy snacks! So get into healthy snacking with the delicious snack tomatoes from Tommies!
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vegetables for a person aged 14 or older is 200 grams. The statistics show how difficult it is to achieve this:
– Only 1% of children aged between 7 and 18 eat the RDA of vegetables
– Children aged between 7 and 18 eat on average only 77 grams of vegetables per day
Enjoying cherry tomatoes as a healthy snack is the way to get the necessary vegetables into your diet, or that of your child(ren).
– Snack tomatoes are easy to take with you, so you can eat them anywhere, any time
– Cherry tomatoes are healthy, because they contain many nutrients and are low in calories
– One handful of cherry tomatoes is already half the daily recommended amount of vegetables
– Eating snack tomatoes with lunch or as a snack means that vegetable consumption is spread throughout the day
– Cherry tomatoes come in different types and colours. So there’s plenty of variety!
What’s good about tomatoes?
Cherry tomatoes are a source of potassium. Potassium, together with sodium, helps to ensure that your muscles are working well by conducting nerve impulses properly. Potassium is also important for healthy blood pressure, because it neutralises the blood-pressure-raising effect of sodium. Due to the potassium, cherry tomatoes are good for keeping blood pressure levels in check, good muscle function, and the conductivity of the nervous system.
What else are tomatoes good for? Snack tomatoes are also rich in vitamin C, which is very good for you. Vitamin C boosts immunity and reduces fatigue. Vitamin C is also very important for healthy blood vessels, bones, teeth and gums, and skin.
So there are many answers to the question, ‘What are tomatoes good for?’ One thing is clear, tomatoes are extremely healthy!
Lycopene in tomatoes
The lycopene in tomatoes is what gives them their beautiful red colour. This appealing appearance is naturally a welcome bonus, but the lycopene in a red tomato may also be responsible for important healthy qualities. Research shows that lycopene in tomatoes helps to prevent damage to your body’s cells. The evidence for this effect of lycopene in tomatoes is not yet conclusive.
As you have read, there is certainly enough other hard evidence that Tommies cherry tomatoes are very healthy!